[KaohsiungLiving] Kaohsiung Living Forum
I-Shou International School seeking full-time, grade 2 homeroom teacher
  • hkilehkile
    I-Shou International School is looking for qualified applicants for a full-time, grade 2 homeroom teaching position available immediately. An ARC can be supported for native-English speaking teachers who hold active teacher certification/registration in their home country. If you do not meet this requirement, but hold an APRC or Taiwanese spouse-sponsored ARC, we still encourage you to apply. 

In addition to homeroom duties and collaborative planning time, teachers in the elementary are expected to teach 20-22 periods per week in English, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. Salary is paid year-around on a sixteen step scale, based upon the highest degree earned and previous years of teaching experience. Other benefits include health and group supplemental insurance, annual bonus, professional development opportunities, laptop computer, and free tuition for dependent children. Housing allowance, relocation allowance and flight benefits are available for those hired off-island, or to those who are on-island and are currently receiving similar overseas-hired benefits.

I-Shou International School serves more than 700 students in grades K-12, and is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School authorized to provide the Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes. In addition, we are accredited by the Taiwan Ministry of Education (MOE), Council of International Schools (CIS) and are a member of the Association of Chinese and Mongolian International Schools (ACAMIS). Our campus is in E-Da, which is located in Dashu District at the Northeast corner of Kaohsiung City.  For more information regarding our school and associated programmes, please visit our website (www.iis.kh.edu.tw).

Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume to Hale Kile, Deputy Director of Personnel, as soon as possible (hale@iis.kh.edu.tw). The school year is already underway, so we intend to fill this position as soon as possible. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!