[KaohsiungLiving] Kaohsiung Living Forum
Bottom Line
  • BransonBranson
    How much can a teacher with a masters degree and 6000 hours ESL experience earn in Kaosuing.   I'm talking aboiut hustling 30+ contact hours per week.  Another website said $5000 US was maximum.

What is your experience?  Can $5000 be earned?

Branson
  • duns0014duns0014
    No one cares about a master's in Kaohsiung.  Expect the same 600 per hour as everyone else.
    Thanked by 1Raymon
  • RaymonRaymon
    First of all not a single teacher (I know) in Taiwan gets 5000 usd even if your a university professor... Secondly like @duns0014 said no one cares about credentials... 600 nt$ is the standard rate, if your lucky it could go up to 700... Lastly... 30+ hours contracts are very and I mean VERY rare for teachers in Kaohsiung...
  • duns0014duns0014
    A week ago I had an interview at a chain school here.  I said I had a Celta.  The manager said she didn't know what that was.  Not making that up.
  • BransonBranson
    How much can a teacher with a masters degree and 6000 hours ESL experience earn in Kaosuing.   I'm talking aboiut hustling 30+ contact hours per week.  Another website said $5000 US was maximum.

What is your experience?  Can $5000 be earned?

Branson
  • BransonBranson
    I thought the person who said $5000 was full of it, but just wanted to confirm.

So 600/hr FT you might make 70000 NT per month.  Is that more realistic?

Of course,  there is an 18% income tax.  Do many schools pay cash of the books?

Thank you.
  • RaymonRaymon
    70k is realistic if your a university professor... Most schools won't even offer you the minimum of 14 hours required for an ARC...
  • KeithBurrellKeithBurrell
    There are schools that offer 25-28 hours and pay $700ph, however they are sought after jobs and teachers who work at those schools usually tend to stay in the job for several years.There are also schools out there who recognize Celta, TEFL and TESOL qualifications, but the starting pay is usually decided by previous experience and the quality of your teaching demo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Chinese Idiom

一丝不苟

yī sī bù gǒu

to be meticulous

Top Posters