[KaohsiungLiving] Kaohsiung Living Forum
Outdoor swimming in Kaohsiung?
  • jonquixotejonquixote
    Swimming pools or a decent beach where it doesn't feel like you're swimming in barge fuel. 
    Just looking for a place to sun and swim. 
  • JaiyoismJaiyoism
    Check out the hotel on Cheng Qing lake.
    Every weekend they have a buffet/ BBQ, one big pool, kids pool and some light music. 
    It's nice and relaxing there and with the weather improving a perfect place :)
    Connecting expats!
  • YeshiYeshi
    There are also a lot of public pools scattered around Kaohsiung.  If you let me know your district/general location, I can probably tell you the closest public pool.
    You have questions, we have answers!
    講國語的會員有問題的話,歡迎您跟我聯絡!
  • BrendanBrendan
    Hey, so I was hoping to start swimming at a pool for exercise. I'm living right off Central Park, and I have a pretty tight budget. Any suggestions for a good, local plalce that won't break the bank a couple times a week?

Brendan
  • KonradKonrad
    5 mins walking distance from MRT Oil Refinery Elementary School Station, NT 50, BUT primitive shower room and really deep pool! Only open in summer(not sure it's the time now)!
    圖片1.jpg
    1465 x 782 - 247K
  • jonquixotejonquixote
    Living in Gushan near Aozhidi Park.  Cheng Qing Lake sounds great but might be a little tooooo far at the moment. (we're still just riding bikes). 
  • JaiyoismJaiyoism
    Ohhh, you are also required to wear a swimming hat. In stead of buying one you can rent them, goggles also.
    Connecting expats!
  • YeshiYeshi
    Here are a few I just found with a quick search on the internet:

高雄市苓雅區中正一路94巷1  Lingya District, Zhongzheng 1st road, no. 94, alley 1

高雄市苓雅區中正二路45 號  Also Lingya Dist.

高雄市三民區路頂和街76號  Sanmin Dist. Dinghe street, no 76

高雄市民族一路509巷8號  Minzu 1st Road, alley 509, no. 8

Here's the blog I found that lists all of the services (in Chinese, you'll need a translation service):

A list of user recommendations: http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=293&t=629195&p=1

All pools in Kaohsiung:
    http://etskating.wordpress.com/2009/08/29/全省游泳池/

Have a look and see which is in your district (or if you tell me what district you're in, I can find it for you).

*Many pools also have hot springs, and you should remember to bring googles and swim cap or they won't let you in.  Also remember you must shower before and after you enter the pool.
    講國語的會員有問題的話,歡迎您跟我聯絡!
  • BrendanBrendan
    If you're replying to me Yeshi, I'm off central park. Zhonghua and wufu. Qianjin district. 
  • YeshiYeshi
    Qianjin district pool:

前金游泳池 外 中華三路34號 (07)2211481

Only one listed, so I hope it's convenient!
    Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 9.23.07 PM.png
    1060 x 547 - 518K
    講國語的會員有問題的話,歡迎您跟我聯絡!
  • BrendanBrendan
    Thanks, I'll try and find it. The map looks wrong though, I dn't think there's a pool in Central Park.
  • YeshiYeshi
    I can't comment on the veracity of google maps (although it must be better than Apple's attempt), I would check it out first on another map or maybe call them to get directions.
    講國語的會員有問題的話,歡迎您跟我聯絡!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Chinese Idiom

一丝不苟

yī sī bù gǒu

to be meticulous

Top Posters