[KaohsiungLiving] Kaohsiung Living Forum
Yoga for beginners
  • CangguCanggu
    Can anyone recommend somewhere to do yoga that is good for beginners? We live near the museum of fine arts. Thanks
  • JaiyoismJaiyoism
    Send a pm to @surdham
    Connecting expats!
  • Simon_HoffSimon_Hoff
    Hi

We're also interested...we would like to do it daily in the evenings if anyone has any info or would like to organise something with a teacher here. Thanks! 
  • YeshiYeshi
    There are also tons of yoga studios on Mingcheng but it's probably a 5-10 minute scooter ride.  If you're interested in going that far, send me a message and I can give you addresses, there are at least 5 I can think of!
    You have questions, we have answers!
    講國語的會員有問題的話,歡迎您跟我聯絡!
    Thanked by 1Simon_Hoff
  • Simon_HoffSimon_Hoff
    Thanks Yeshi. Do any teach in English? Do you have any recommendations?
  • YeshiYeshi
    There are a few places I know that offer certain classes in English- it's up to the individual teacher, but many of the younger teachers speak English and are welcoming to foreigners.  There are several Yoga studios in the office building on the corner of Mingcheng and Ziyou road (the building with the Kojen sign).  There's also a really good Yoga studio on Yucheng road between Fuguo and Fumin roads (across from the Starbucks).

There were also yoga classes happening at the Fine Arts Museum park once a week (Wednesdays?) but I'm not sure if they're still happening, there are also free classes at the Cultural Center (but I haven't kept up with those either).  Both of these are taught entirely in English.
    講國語的會員有問題的話,歡迎您跟我聯絡!
  • CangguCanggu
    Yeshi

Thanks a bunch. A trial would be great, so I might try and find the free classes. I tried yoga many yrs ago and found it made me feel great, but seriously dull. But now find my body beat up by age and yrs surfing. Hence the need.

Will probably go check out the other places you recommended too.
  • YeshiYeshi
    Also, if you want to try and find yoga studios closer to you, look for signs with "瑜珈" on them and ask if they teach in English, "你們教練用英文上課嗎?“Nimen jiaolian yong yingwen shangke ma?
    講國語的會員有問題的話,歡迎您跟我聯絡!
  • JennaLongoriaJennaLongoria
    Yoga Notions has classes Mondays and Wednesdays @11-12:15PM and Tuesdays and Thursdays @5-6 PM
    The studio is on 628 Dashun 1st Rd. To find more info about the studio you can visit the website at www.YogaNotions.com

Good luck and happy Yoga-ing :)

www.nomad-notions.com
  • surdhamsurdham
    Dear all,
                            Zen Yoga provides sessions and classes for all levels . Experienced Indian Yoga  teacher care more about you than the yoga postures.
    everyone's body is different  ..one must respect the body and start with the right posture only then the yoga can be enjoyable .  
    Time : every saturday    10AM -11-30AM   
    Those who are interested  please call (0952170255) or text.
    Place :  Fongshan , Sinfu Rd . near MRT O11.
                                                     Namaste
                                                    Surdham

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Chinese Idiom

一丝不苟

yī sī bù gǒu

to be meticulous

Top Posters